Slip and Fall in Your Neighborhood Market? Who is Liable for Your Injuries?
One of the most common types of personal injury cases is the slip and fall. If you slip on a floor that is wet and slick, fall and get injured, you may be able to file a personal injury claim depending on the situation. If the accident occurs in your local neighborhood market, you will want to know who is liable. A Manhattan premises liability attorney can also help you to know if you have a case.
Proving Liability for a Slip and Fall at the Market
Of course, there are certain criteria that must be in place to prove that the owner of a grocery store is liable for your slip and fall accident and subsequent injuries. They include the following:
• The store caused the dangerous, slippery, slick or sticky condition that led to your fall and injuries.
• The store knew about the dangerous condition beforehand but did nothing to rectify the situation, which ultimately led to your slip and fall and injury.
• The dangerous condition that resulted in your slip and fall and injuries was in place long enough that the store should have known about the potential danger.
In some cases, it can be difficult to prove that a slip and fall was a legitimate accident. Many instances can result in the attorney for the defendant claiming that it was staged just to recover money. However, witnesses and security cameras can prove especially valuable in such cases and can serve as evidence to back up your claim.
Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall at the Market
If you have a slip and fall accident at your neighborhood market that renders you injured, there are certain steps you must take. They include the following:
• Gather evidence at the scene by documenting everything and taking photos of the hazardous conditions. Note your injuries as well and any bystanders.
• Talk to witnesses and get their names and contact information.
• If possible, talk with the manager or owner of the store and inform them of the events. Get their names and contact information.
• Request a copy of the security footage.
• Contact a Manhattan slip and fall accident attorney.
If you are in New York City and suffered injuries after slipping and falling at your local grocery store, you need to contact a Manhattan premises liability lawyer. The Law Offices of Ira M. Perlman & Robert D. Rosen is there for you, and you can discuss your case with a Manhattan premises liability attorney. Contact the Law Offices of Ira M. Perlman & Robert D. Rosen at your earliest convenience to speak with a Manhattan premises liability lawyer. A Manhattan slip and fall accident attorney will inform you of your options and help you with your case.